New brakes for a 92 500SL?

I own a 92 500SL with 29,000 miles on it. I've been told the front brakes will need replacing soon and so will the rotors. Soon could be years based on the amount of miles I've put on this thing. Does anyone have any advice on this? New rotors after only 29k seems like overkill. One of the mechanics on Joe Gibbs racing team told me to only replace the pads and don't even turn the rotors. All suggestions would be appreciated.

Don

Reply to
Don