Value of 1993 Mercedes190-E 4 dr, w/2.3 engine?

I'm looking to buy an extra clean 1993 4 dr, 190-E sedan. I found one with

146000 miles on it. What's a fair price for this car? Any known problems with this year? Please email. I'm in Nashville, Tn. Thanks.
Reply to
Andrew Gerome

I personally would stay away from this car, having owned one myself. The mileage is average for a 10 year old car, but on this model, expensive repairs will be due soon, such as: airconditioning/transmission/brakes/electric roof,etc... You will notice, if you scan ads, that most people want to get rid of their Mercedes cars around 130.000 miles, because they all listen to their mechanics, who advise them, that it's time to sell. Get one with about 60.000 miles, even if it is much more expensive, and sell it around 110.000 - 130.000 miles. You will save in the long run.

Reply to
square1