Vehicle storage - fuel additive

Do you folks know what the fuel additive that you add to the gas tank to prevent the gas from going bad, before putting your car into
storage, is called? Is it the fuel stabilizer?
Thank you in advance ...
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I know I'd put a stabilizer in my lawn mower and snow blower and the same for my motorcycle so why not for an automobile? But if you would really like a knowledgeable answer try asking in alt.auto.mercedes there is much heaver traffic there. NOTE: that singular "auto" noun in the NG name.
| Do you folks know what the fuel additive that you add to the gas tank | to prevent the gas from going bad, before putting your car into | storage, is called? Is it the fuel stabilizer? | | Thank you in advance ...
Please have a look at the link below: Gasoline Stabilizer (AST) http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/ast.aspx?zo 90163 It is difficult to drain all of the fuel from equipment before storage, and doing so would expose the system to other problems, including the formation of rust and corrosion on the bare metal in the tank and fuel system and the drying and cracking of gaskets and seals. Some fuels are pre-treated with oxidation inhibitors that allow them to be stored for short periods without forming excessive deposits, while other fuels have no inhibitors at all.
AMSOIL Gasoline Stabilizer (AST) reduces the oxidation process that occurs when fuel is stored for extended periods, improving performance, extending equipment life and decreasing maintenance expenses.
--
Steve Spence
Independent AMSOIL Dealer