Wheel alignment and wobbly

Which would apparently make me born stupid and ignorant- see, it still works.

Again, flames are a troll's delight. Why indulge them? True stupidity implies a lack of processing power upstairs. Why chastise someone who is limited in this way? Ignorance is a simple lack of knowledge (I do know the differerence, but sometimes defer to common usage, which often does not differentiate between similar, but distinct adjectives), but not all folks fill their knowledge buckets up at the same rate.

Berating those who are a little slower to acknowledge reality (and yes, a flaming death on the highway is a definite reality) probably doesn't do as much to convey the reality as it does to reveal the poster's character.

A while back, I saw a post on another forum. As I read it, I laughed so hard that I blew my beer right out my nose, and had to spend a while cleaning my keyboard. Seems he had a 300D that wouldn't shut off, and he had gone to the local auto parts store, where they disconnected not one, but BOTH battery terminals, to no avail. The poster clearly had no knowledge of diesels, the mechanical nature of the fuel system in his car, and even less knowledge of basic electricity (both terminals?). Thank goodness some of those reading (those who weren't laughing too hard to type) gave the guy a clue. Politely. He fixed his problem, he may or may not still be stupid, and he's a little less ignorant. And in _my_ book, that's a good thing.

Cheers,

Conrad

Reply to
Conrad

If I may..

I just started read>

Reply to
Aaron

"there are those who bought a Benz for other reasons, and who may be just a bit clueless about things mechanical. "

Just a bit clueless? This guy says he has a car that recently developed a problem where he has to hold the steering wheel at 40 degrees to the left to go straight down the road. And if he let's go, "it will immediately jerk to the right posing a potentially deadly problem on the interstate." And then he says he never thought of this being a death trap and persists in asking questions about what to look for to self diagnose it, even after being repeatidly told that he should not drive it and have a pro look at it. Give me a break!

"There is one company which has consistently released some of the poorest, least reliable, most security-oblivious software I have ever seen. In excess of 99% of all viruses I have ever seen victimize this company's software"

Wasn't it Willy Sutton who when asked why he robbed banks said "Cause that's where the money is?" The most direct way for someone creating a virus to attack computers is through the O/S, since that is the controlling software of the system and it's interface to the outside world. And it's only natural that those seeking to create viruses that will spread and screw up systems will concentrate on the most popular O/S's run on computers throughout the world.

" Do you know why DCOM and RPC are just stunningly bad ideas when run on a machine connected to the Internet? Or do you just blindly drive around the Internet with your front wheels wobbling?"

Like comparing apples and oranges. One doesn't need to know much at all about how a car operates to realize that the car in question is obviously seriously unsafe. A correct analogy might be someone continuing to ask questions about how to check out his PC with flames coming out the back, even after being told to turn it off and have a pro inspect it.

Reply to
trader4

Can I throw my broken ball joint story in about here? Was stationed in Germany in early '60s. Had shipped a 1958 Dodge with the D500 engine (rather large one at that) upon assignment. Made a left turn onto the base one morning and just as I did so the right, lower ball joint gave loose and the bottom of the wheel flipped out at about a 45 degree angle. When this happened it snapped the brake line and of course when I hit the brakes nothing happened. I slid to a rather embarrassing stop right in front of the gate guard. He was as surprised as me. Here's the interesting part.....I had well exceeded 100 mph the day before on the autobahn. Talk about luck! One other thing for the initial poster....GET YOUR FRONT END LOOKED AT BEFORE DRIVING FURTHER! Sorry. Didn't mean to shout. Just wanted to save you some embarrassment....or worse.

Reply to
Ernie Sparks