'05 C220 CDi SE Avantgarde Auto

As the subject says, do you own one of these or have you owned one?

Any feedback good or bad.

My wife and I test drove one today an Ex demo model that was 3 months old and we were very impressed.

My wife will be driving it more than me so it's more important she's happy. She's been all out for a Lexus IS200 SE until today when she drove the Mercedes.

Now she doesn't know which one to go for. I have to say I prefer the size of the C class to the Lexus, performance seemed very even.

The Lexus we'd be getting brand new, the Merc would be a few months old, it's a slightly more expensive car and Lexus are keen to shift the IS200 with a new model due later this year so we're being offered pretty good deals on that.

We're in the UK if it makes any difference.

Thanks

Alan M.

Alan Mudd

unless MB s are built better on your side of the pond stick with the Lexus. that is unless your made of $$ for upkeep

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
pool man

I run the same motor but a second hand 02 model which had 11,000miles on the clock when I got it. I have just experienced my first B service with 25,000 miles and it cost me over £500.00 at the dealership. Nice cars but expensive dealership costs. The engine oil alone cost £63.00

Reply to
John Schofield

Thanks for the replies so far guys.

It's actually going to be my wife's car, and probably won't be doing more than 10K miles a year.

We're looking at new/ex demo mainly for the warranty side, I just don't want the hassle of paying for problems.

I have late 2004 Vito 115 CDi which has an identical engine which is my dialer driver for my business, I'm happy with that.

I'm erring towards the Merc because it's a bigger car but I'm still seriously impressed with the Lexus genaral attitude and their reputation.

Well we're buying mid July so have a few weeks to make our minds up.

Any more insights greatly recieved.

Alan M

Alan Mudd

FWIW I had my first B service on my CLK 320 Cab at about 20 000 miles in March and it cost me GBP 427 incl VAT at 17.5%, or GBP 363 before tax.

Labour was 204 pounds and the oil ("Mobil Synthetic", presumably Mobil 1) was 8 litres @ 9.95 before tax.

For 500 quid some more extras must have been done/supplied.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Those are pounds I presume? Man they are jacking you on the mobil 1!

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

I think you'll find we get jacked on most things in this country..:-(

Alan M.

Alan Mudd

Somebody: remind us of the official dealer price of Mobil 1 in NA.

Thx. DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

About $6.00 per litre in the US, or =A33.25 per litre. You are definately taking it hard.

Reply to
thomcasey

Goodness me. I'll have a look in the shops.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

I have just remembered that I got 20% off my charges under the new "3 Plus" scheme.

So all you guys in the UK (well, London, Birmingham and Manchester only so far) with three-year-plus vehicles get yourselves down to a Merc-owned dealer and register for this free (!) scheme. Even better, free MoT tests as well (that's govt-mandated annual roadworthiness tests to you non-Brits).

Am going for my first MoT under this scheme next week -- for my wife's 1993

190E.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling