190E 2.6 Fluid Leaks - Repair Estimate

Recently bought a 1989 190E 2.6. It has two fluid leaks. One is oil from the upper timing chain cover gasket. The other is transmission fluid from the front pump seal. Both leaks are very small.

What is the going rate for replacing these gaskets/seals at independent MB service facilities? Is it worth having it done?

Thanks,

Calvin

Reply to
Calvin

marlin

I replaced the upper timing chain cover gasket on my 190E 2.6 last year. Not a big deal but tight quarters to work in. Took me about 3 hours...should take an experienced mechanic a lot less. The valve cover gasket should be replaced at the same time since you have to take the valve cover off anyways.

Peter

Reply to
Peter W Peternouschek