1985 300D Automatic Climate Control Panel removal

I am trying to remove the Automatic Climate Control Panel in my 300D and Can't figure it out. The Haynes and Chilton's manuals are no help as they show a different control and a radio with knobs. The unit I am trying to remove has a temp control wheel on the left side. The wood surround is off and I see no screws. Do I have to remove the radio for access? Gary C

Reply to
gmcop1

Yes.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

NO. Did you pop the wood off the metal plate? The wood is supposed to stay bonded to the metal plate. With the metal plate off, there are 2 screws holding the plastic plate to the center console at the top. Lift the plate out, it unhooks from the bottom. The 3 screws holding the pushbutton to the plastic are removed now.

Go here:

scroll down to SA 56 266

40 is the wood/metal 36 are the 2 top corner screws 328 are the 3 plate-to-button screws
Reply to
Karl