1990 560 SEL question

I have a 1990 560 SEL, which I bought used, with no owner's manual. No problem, I've been a Mercedes driver for more than 20 years, so I figured out all the switches and buttons, except for one. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it. The switch is located below the ashtray, between the two seat-heater switches. and it's an original Mercedes factory switch, but I have no idea what it's supposed to do. Please help....

-s

Reply to
stanlee_98

I believe you are referring to the horn switch. It allows you to change the volume of the horns for city or country. Country is louder. Some cities have ordinances against loud horns. Blow your hour horn, press the switch the other way, blow it again. You will hear a difference.

Reply to
Karl

volume of the horns for

hear a difference.

Yes, that's the one! It's been bugging me for a long time. Now I know what it does.

Thanks a lot!

-s

Reply to
stanlee_98