1996 E320 CD Player Options

I just purchased a 1996 E320 but it doesn't have a CD player. I am interested in determining exactly what options are available and recommended in terms of adding a CD player, ideally a 6 CD changer in the trunk or something like that.

I'm new to the Mercedes world so I have no knowledge about this. All suggestions would be welcome.

RW

Reply to
RW

Shawn

170 tracks! you're not trying very hard. The 1st one i did 4 years ago had 381 tracks but sadly my player then and now can only read the first 255 files on CD, so i limit myself to that. Agree with what you say though, CD stackers are old technology. DVD players, even if only for mp3 audio might be the next step though, and very soon.
Reply to
Jim Vatunz

I just purchased a 1996 E320 but it doesn't have a CD player. I am interested in determining exactly what options are available and recommended in terms of adding a CD player, ideally a 6 CD changer in the trunk or something like that.

I'm new to the Mercedes world so I have no knowledge about this. All suggestions would be welcome.

RW

Reply to
Jeff

I just purchased a 1996 E320 but it doesn't have a CD player. I am interested in determining exactly what options are available and recommended in terms of adding a CD player, ideally a 6 CD changer in the trunk or something like that.

I'm new to the Mercedes world so I have no knowledge about this. All suggestions would be welcome.

RW

Reply to
RW

Number of tracks depends on quality (kbps) at which they were converted to MP3. I have mixed rates in my library depending on the source, and most of the CD's I've burned have held 125 - 160 tracks. If all were at converted at

128 kbps or less, I could easily double that, but sound quality would suffer.

DS

Reply to
DFS