2003 Grand Prix - How do you get the ashtray out without breaking it????

I recently bought a 2003 Grand Prix GTP, and I'm looking to attach an arm to the bottom of the ashtray to hold a satellite radio. Does anyone know how to get the ashtray out? I've tried reaching under to find some kind of release, but to no avail. Anybody have any insight?

-407

Reply to
Aaron407

To elaborate a little more, I'm essentially looking for a release of some kind to remove the tray, not the entire assembly. Anybody?

-407

Reply to
Aaron407

"Aaron407" wrote: (2003 Grand Prix GTP)

I'm looking to attach an arm to the bottom of the ashtray to hold a satellite radio. Does anyone know how to get the ashtray out? ___________________________________________

Many ashtrays have a little tongue that appears above the ash receptacle when the ashtray is pulled out. The tongue has a dished end where a lit cigarette is to be stubbed out before dropping it into the receptacle.

This tongue is actually a strip of spring steel with a jog that acts as a detent to stop the ashtray. To remove the ashtray, pull it out until it stops at the detent, then push the tongue down to release the detent and pull the ashtray the rest of the way out.

Good luck.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan