2001 Merc C220: replacement CD box ? (UK, Ireland)

I am asking for my friend - who has a 2001 model Merc C220

The 4xCD player in the glove compartment is broken and he has been told that the laser is unobtainable to repair it.

he has also been told that a replacement will be more than 400 euros (~ST275)

Is there anywhere in the UK or Europe where we could get one over the net ?

Reply to
Howard9