Need Help locating a CD/radio for 97 Mustang

OK, here's my delima. I've been lucky in he past at locating things on the net or around the nieghborhoods. Now, my father-in-law wants to replace his stereo with a stock factory original CD player for his 97 Mustang convertible. I have looked all over the net and found nothing. He figured he'd be able to just go to the local dealership and order one but they told him they couldn't do it. So, is there some place other than a used parts, U-Pull it place that I can find one of these. The car only has about 8000 miles on it, it's garage kept so he wants it to be NIB for the most part. He has this idea that, that year model is going to escalate in price over the years and wants to keep it all factory original.

Thanks

John T McD.

Reply to
John T McDougald

Go to every aftermarket sound place in the area and tell them what you want... those take-outs go somewhere.

And keep looking on ebay

Also do the email "search" on car-part. It isnt urgent so be patient

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I have the radio/tape part from a Mach 460 system. The face is worn on the volume buttons though. Came out of a '97 Cobra at around 52k. If it's of any use to you, you can have it, pay for shipping. Still functions just fine. I'd give you the CD player too if I had a delete plate to go in its place. I can't give up the amps and wiring though. :-/

JS

Reply to
JS

Hey! If he doesn't want it *I* do! seriously! I'd be more than happy to pay shipping, that's a given.

I have a replacement face plate that I ordered when they were still available.

Kate svtkate AT kizthiz dot com

| > Thanks | >

| > John T McD. | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

If your talking about the single DIN cd player, they are availble new from

ironrod