260E Cruise control not working

Hi group, I have a 260E and its cruise control simply doesnt work at all. I'm wondering what would be the first thing(s) I should look at in trying to solve the problem.

TIA. Mark kelepouris.

Reply to
Mark Kelepouris
90% of the time is the cruise control amplifier gone bad.
Reply to
Tiger

out of that 90% a further 90% of the time it simply needs a blanket resolder to bring it back to working order.

Reply to
Uncle Chop Chop

Thanks for the advice, is it a simple enough task to find the amp myself and do a resolder or does it really require the so called pro's to do it ? I have plenty of soldering practice up my sleeve and I am good enough trouble shooting most things, its just that I thought this kind of work might risk doing more damage than already exists.

Reply to
Mark Kelepouris

Mark... put it this way. If it is broken, you attempt to fix it... and doesn't work... then it is still broken right? No harm at all!

If you fixed it by resoldering, then pat yourself on the back... you saved $170+.

Reply to
Tiger

But exactly where is this amp?

Reply to
Mark Kelepouris

Underneath the dash on driver side... nearby the brake pedal. Go to

and look up your model and you can find the lookand model # of it.

Reply to
Tiger

Thanks mate.

Reply to