380 SL Visors

My sun visors are shot, would like to replace them, or at least have them rebuilt, but...

How the heck do you get them out?

Help appreciated. Thanx.

Reply to
seway

Someone posted this a while back:

Remove the rear view mirror [it pops off at the base]. Remove the 3 screws holding the mirror plate to the header. Pop the visor out of the plastic support. Remove the plastic support with a phillips screwdriver. Look for the hole about an inch or two from the pivot, there is a screw in that hole. Remove it. From the middle, drop each trim piece. Look on the inner edge of the visor pivot for a screw. Tighten it. That will tighten the ball in the socket and the visor will stay up.

Reply to
Bill Bunn

Wish I had know all that when I replaced the drivers side on my 73 450 a few weeks ago.. Couldn't figure how to git the RV mirror off....but somehow got the visor replaced.. MBz didn't have 'em in my color anymo's so got 'em from an after market site..a perfect fit

Reply to
Ken

Could you please post the "After Market Site" that you got them from. I need some for my '80 Silver 450SL? Thanks...

Bill

Reply to
Bill Pelka

Sure....

The dealer > Could you please post the "After Market Site" that you got them from. I need

Reply to
Ken