500 SEL (1985) ignition lock

Does somebody know how to get to an ignition lock in this car? I need to find possible short fuse or wire deteriorarion in that area. I removed some interior trimming. Now a big heating duct under the steereg wheel is on my way. Still can not get close to it. Do I need to disable an airbag and how?

Reply to
A.N.

Oh! Another possible culprit is the factory alarm... make sure it is disconnected and taped up (the wire plug)... it is located under the front passenger side carpet... pull it all out and the alarm is in the black plastic floor.

Reply to
Tiger