loose Steering - removing ignition swich lock

Hello Groupmembers,

i have some problems with the steering of my 88 Le Baron. It is very loose and moves right and left and up and down. The lever which allows to remove the key is also totally loose and ready to pull out.

It has a tilt steering but that mechanism works still fine. At this point the steering is firmly . The loose part is at an other point.

I've already removed the steering wheel and the turn light switch.

I can already see some loose big screws which are may be the reason for the loose steering.

But I can't remove the lining part where the lock and the turn light lever are in. It seems that I've to remove the lock first but I can't find a way to pull it out.

Can anyone tell me how to remove the ignition lock and the turn light lever without braking it or how to fasten the steering ?

Thanks in advance

from

Tobi

Berlin, Germany