600 SWB

Anyone who knows of other info on 600's, the most immaculate limo ever produced, please respond. I know there's a web site- please let me know what it is. If anyone has one and wants to sell or talk about it, thanks for the info.

Reply to
JAZZIMA

The website is

That is the site for the International M-100 Group, one of only a handful of 'official' Mercedes clubs in the US.

There are links to a few owner's sites, too.

600s are for sale quite regularly on eBay, believe it or not. Most, however, are in sad shape. As a rule of thumb:

A $10,000 car needs $50,000 in repairs A $50,000 car needs $10,000 in repairs

Consider this: the 4 position hydraulic window switch for the driver's door is $11,500 from the local M-B dealer. No, that is not a misprint. And the water pump is now over $5,000.

To paraphrase that old quote, "Be careful what you wish for..."

BTW, I wouldn't classify the 600 as the most immaculate limo ever, as immaculate implies 'clean'. How about 'impressive'?

Reply to
Gerrett Conover

Personally, I think the 600 is a very ugly car and can not think of why anyone would want to buy one.

Far better to have a 300sel 6.3, or a 450sel 6.9....

Reply to
A_Newsreader

Try:

Anyone who knows of other info on 600's, the most immaculate limo ever

Reply to
fred_emmerich