'93 190E good buy for $6,500?

I've been very happy with my '89 300E and have the opportunity to buy a '93

190E for my wife. It is covered with quite a few scratches and dings, nothing too serious and some rust starting in the read lid corners. Still, it appears to drive nicely and the interior is fine. It has about 160k km and will therefore soon need a major service. How do I go about establishing a fair price for the southern Ontario/Toronto market area? Any advice re pricing and/or overall quality of the 190's would be very much appreciated. I do have the VIN but do not know how to good about using it to find out car's history.

best regards

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

this is very expensive, especially if - as you say - the car is not in mint condition. price for a *perfect* '93 190E (this means absolutely no rust, unmarked interior and exterior, and perhaps most importantly a comprehensive service history) in UK would be a shade over £2,000 ($4,500CAN) in a private sale. i think the vendor in your case is trying to pull a fast one.

Reply to
atwifa

sound too high to me as well.... and note that the 190 is a completely different feel than a 300... it feels like a small car, albeit a very good one....

Reply to
Chris O'Malley

Too expensive and you will regret it after the 300E, which is a much better car - it's roomier, more comfortable, faster, everything. Don't buy it!

Cheers, Al Bolton, G4VSQ

1988 Mercedes 260E 155,000 miles 1990 Mercedes 500SE 129,000 miles
Reply to
Al Bolton

I have a 190E first registered Feb 93. It's a nice car but noticeably smaller than the E-Class.

I agree with the other UK poster atwifa that the price seems too high. My understanding is that car prices in Canada are particularly low (though things may have changed since the CAD has risen against the USD) so CAD 6500 is a bit high, esp if rust is beginning to appear in the paintwork. If it's USD it's a rip-off.

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

Well, just to give you an idea, I recently traded in my 93, 190E 2.3L vehicle to a dealer for $6500 CDN... I thought I had a great deal as I've had nothing but problems one after the other for over two yrs consecutively and spent well over $4500CDN fixing them... having said that though, I loved the feel and drive of the vehicle and was sad to let it go.. the upkeep costs were waaay too much for me to continue to justify keeping it so I bought a new vehicle instead.

By the way, I only had 105,000km on it when I traded it in back in Aug 2003.

R Green Tech Support

--------------- WoWsat.com

Reply to
R Green WoWsat.com