95 S320 Door Lock and Start Problem

Greetings All,

Just recently the driver's door lock has been slow in going up when unlocking the car with the remote control. Once it even failed to go up when it got real cold outside. Once the temperatures warmed up again, all was fine. I'm guessing it's wearing out or a diaphram is leaking.

Then just the other day the remote door lock/unlock,trunk lock, and reverse poles on back fender quit completely. The light goes green and red but no reaction on any of the locks. Nor does the dash mounted switch do anything now either (used to work fine).

Locking and unlocking with the key is really no big deal but then the car wouldn't start. I'm assuming it's the anti-theft device doing its job. Sometimes by closing the door and clicking on the remote is enough to let it start on the next attempt but on several occasions it wouldn't until I put it into neutral when it did start!

I never had to shift to neutral to start the car and was wondering if fixing the vacuum pump or whatever might be wrong with the locking system would solve the starting issue. One mechanic said that it is probably a harness issue.

Thanks for any feedback, Bob

Reply to
Bob

Check and or replace all the relevant fuses for starters....

Marty

PS Not a vacuum issue.

Reply to
Martin Joseph