99 S class; did they make any without sunroofs?

Hi,

This question is coming from the same person who was looking for a way to lower the seat in my 99 S320! Maybe another way to skin this cat is to find a one that was built without a sunroof so that there is a little more headroom. Does anyone know whether any of these type of S's were made?

Thanks,

David

Reply to
baymig

The W220 S600 had the sunroof as standard - for all other models of that series it was an option: This is valid for GERMANY, maybe for the American market the situation was different. Option code is 414.

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

Unfortunately all USA bound S Class cars are built with sunroofs. BUT one can get (order) an E Class without it.

I bet I have the only '97 E320 in the USA without a sunroof!

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

As T.G. says, they are rare birds in N. America. I have been half-heartedly looking for a new ('06? '07?) E-class diesel, and of course this was one of the first questions I asked the salesman. Although they don't regularly bring them in without, and wouldn't have one on the lot, it can be ordered without. I would expect a wait of some months.

John M. in no hurry to replace his '94 E320

Reply to
John Mauel