ABS control unit

I'm having problem with ABS.Contol light is on and ABS does't work.Apparently control unit remembers if something is wrong even after is pulled out of car.I fixed ABS pump and would like to reset control unit so it could work properly.Does anyone knows how it can be done ?

George

Reply to
goratex

What car ?

Aren't there ABS sensors wires that need replacing? (I don't know I don't have ABS but I thought I remembered...)

Reply to
Richard Sexton

The ABS sensors are more likely the problem. For front sensors, the connectors are probably around the top of wheel well, near firewall. Check the resistance and compare with the spec of your car.

Reply to
Wan-ning Tan

No sensors are ok.Do you know how to reset the control unit ?

Uzytkownik "Wan-ning Tan" napisal w wiadomosci news:YKmdnVpFR6rH5XTenZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@rcn.net...

Reply to
goratex

What kind of car do you have? I am only familiar with W201, W126 and a little bit of W124. Older MB most likely have no ABS while newer ones probably have no problem yet.

How was the diagnosis done? What exactly is the symptom? When does ABS light turn on, immediately at ignition, after car moving? Does it go off after certain time?

Both W201 and W126 do not menti> No sensors are ok.Do you know how to reset the control unit ?

Reply to
Wan-ning Tan

I would suggest, as the owner of my third benz, that when it comes to ABS, you let a qualified tech look at it, at least to determine what is wrong. I'm not saying you aren't qualified to work on this system--I don't know you, so I'd never go there, but it isn't exactly a belt replacement, if you know what I mean. Just an opinion, of course. Wish you well.

Reply to
wolfpuppy