Becker two-piece radio 400SEL

Two things:

(1) My Becker radio is starting to pop/crack on the FM stations; it's always done that on the AM ones, but I never listen to those. What can I do to stop this? This is the standard AM/FM cassette model, mounted in the trunk. Also, my speaker on the front passenger side is no longer putting out sound. Is there an easy way to get to the speaker wires in this car to check them?

(2) What brands will fit in the slot? Can I just forego the trunk piece and run everything through the trunk? Thanks!

GR

Reply to
Greg Russell

What brands will fit in the slot? ___________________________________________ All the name brand AM/FM/CD units have faceplates that will make the installation look like factory work. I replaced my Becker with a Pioneer unit....works great, sounds 100 times better than the Becker, and cost under $200 installed. Can't beat that.

Reply to
Rockman59