magnetic fuel savers or performance improvers

Has anybody done any before and after comparisons of these magnetic devices that are supposed to magnetically orientate the fuel or air molecules in order to improve combustion efficiency and therefore performance and economy. A lot of MB's have fuel consumption meters so a degree of objectivity might be expected here.

Reply to
nigel dodd

Save your money....they don't work.

Reply to
Rockman59

If you could improve performance and fuel consumption simply by fitting a magnet to the car then don't you think they would put one on at the factory?

Reply to
miknik

I find that the Acme Magic Crystals work better. I get 0-60 in 3sec and 220 mpg with them.

Reply to
Stratman

Yes, I (the originator of this thread) am a sceptic too. I am a PhD physicist and see no obvious reason for the magnets to work. But I do have an open mind and reading sources such as

me to start the thread. I repeat, does anybody have any first handexperience?

Reply to
nihil

The compiler was probably non-technical and -- admittedly I have to dredge around here -- it all looks improbable.

I wasn't aware that magnetic charge had much to do with combustion. Plus, I thought that hydrocarbon molecules are fairly long.

"Thus, positive (+) and negative (-) electric charges exist in the fuel's molecules. For this reason, the fuel particles of the negative and positive electric charges are not split into more minute particles. Accordingly, the fuel is not actively interlocked with oxygen during combustion, thereby causing incomplete combustion."

Maybe a practicing chemist can comment, but it looks like snake-oil sales talk to me.

I am prepared to be corrected!

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

Re: magnetic fuel savers or performance improvers Yes, I (the originator of this thread) am a sceptic too. I am a PhD physicist and see no obvious reason for the magnets to work. But I do have an open mind and reading sources such as

prompt meto start the thread. I repeat, does anybody have any first handexperience? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx PhD? WELL you best go back to school. don't forget to fill your tank with DRY ICE as it will make your radio work better. and HONEY is a great replacement for oil.

got any $ that you just want to give away?

case

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
IF YOU CAN'T SWIM DON'T JUMP IN

So, you really have nothing to offer then except noise.

Reply to
nihil

I have seen many similar "fool-you" products. Many years ago I heard of some kind of perfume oil that gave out oxygen and negative charge after combustion. I argued that was unacceptable in physical science point of view with a friend and ended up with loosing a friend. Last month I read the news about that oil product was a scam.

I only have a Physics degree with 1st class honour and can't see any way the magnet can magnetize the fuel and cause some kind of super explosions. Dry ice as a propellent maybe a good idea in the future LEV vehicle :) Buying the motor oil viscousity additive for the older car is wiser than buying a magnet.

By the way, if you still insist that the magnet works. You need to make sure that is not strong enough to magnetize the hydraulic tappets (variable intake valve lift timing device) of any older MB engine. Because a magnetized tappet will increase the rate of wear of itself. No one wants to have a MB engine without variable valve timing.

Keith Beast E14 4NS Docklands

"nihil" ¦b¶l¥ó news:lnVbb.2916$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.cableinet.net ¤¤¼¶¼g...

Re: magnetic fuel savers or performance improvers snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk (nihil) So, you really have nothing to offer then noise

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ya well i must say having a PhD does mean PILED HIP DEEP

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
IF YOU CAN'T SWIM DON'T JUMP IN

Talking about charges of molecules. Do you think a little magnet can ionize the blah blah MeV molecule and form free ionized particles and somehow the charges don't neutralize each other, maxwell equation and Newton laws suddenly do not work on them for few microseconds before they all enter the cylinder, compressed, and bloody ignited finally.

The fact is :- it is very difficult and needs lots of energy to separate and keep the charged particles apart. Of course our technology is advancing with our dreams but not lies.

If A constant magnetic field can ionize molecules, I rather believe Ron's dad's flying car with an invisibility switch or a Nimbus 2000. Don't be fooled by someone pretends to be a scientist telling you that that that blah blah blah. He just want your money!

Keith Beast E14 4NS Docklands

"Dori Schmetterling" ¦b¶l¥ó news:3f6f0386$1$259$ snipped-for-privacy@news.dial.pipex.com ¤¤¼¶¼g...

message

No, I hold no pre-conceptions (unlike other contributers). All I asked in the original posting was for some comparative (before and after) figures. Since most new MB cars have long term average fuel consumption meters, that should be easy. I don't chose to speculate.

Reply to
nihil

well, your 1st class honours degree in physics obviously isn't good enough in view of missing the obvious. To wit:

the magnet will allign the hydrocarbon fuel molecules so as to present the carbon and hydrogen atoms in the most optimum sequence for combustion to occur. By burning the fuel most effectively you will save overall on the fuel and improve your milage.

- regards, :-)

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

god i wished i had known all this when i was drinking . would have used a straw with magnets on it !

case

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
IF YOU CAN'T SWIM DON'T JUMP IN

Hi,

k is right. Don't mess up your variable valve timing by magnetizing the tappets.

A 1st class honour sure understands what equilibrium is. You can change the atomic sequence or dipole states but how long will it stays in such a state. The concern is how strong the magnetic field required to "allign" the moulecules and how long will it stay in such an "aligned state". I am afriad the word allign isn't a right word for molecule but anyway.....

Too many "mad scientists" are pretending a real scientist these day.

I am neither a PhD or BSc (1st class) but the web site just doesn't have enough materials to make me believe in it or is not even a proper report to describe this product. I wouldn't like to be lab mouse.

Anyone got the proper testing data to convince me the magnet works.

Charlie BenzDirect

Reply to
Benz Direct NZ

I want to know how to magnetize some kind of intrinsic material like oil or plastic. I will be rich rich rich if I can do it simply with a magnet. By the way any chance a magnet to be installed in someone's mouth that help him pass the police's alchcol test.

I never think of magnet has super magical power that can re-align molecular structure or even reorganise atomic structure -- (cheap nuclear reaction!!!). What is a ionized hydrogen nuclear? (proton? am I right?)

Charlie Benz Direct

Reply to
Benz Direct NZ

Well, I did try putting some old magnets out of my trashed HDD on the fuel line to experiment, didn't seem to do much. Of course, the alignment of the magnetic dipoles might have been off. FWIW.

The epa doesn't seem to think they make a difference.

Cheers, WS

Reply to
Lee Wei Shun

With common sense, I don't believe this microscopic reaction may help a lot on combustion. Thanks Lee's FTC web site. Those folks have bought the magnets or ionization devices MUST read

Talking about ionization, I quite like the idea of fuel cell. Charlie's hydrogen nuclear reminded me the fuel cell. Has anyone got a fuel cell?

Keith E14 4NS Docklands ... Millwall

"Lee Wei Shun" ??? news:bkqtb2$k19$ snipped-for-privacy@reader01.s>

BS bull shit MS more shit phd piled higher and deeper

I have a ph. d in analytical chemistry.

  1. Magnetization and the subsequent polarization of a non-polar molecule, ie diesel fuel does not seem possible with the amount of energy available in a small magnet.

  1. If the magnets are placed around a metal fuel line, the magentic lines of force would go through the metal, and not penetrate the liquid at all.

  2. How long does it take the fuel to get from the magnet location to the combustion chamber.

I worked as a electronic technician, prior to becoming a chemist. One project was to determine the amount of water present in subsurface liquids. Only two liquids are present underground, water and petroleum. The project involved placing a very strong electromagnet in the borehole, creating a strong magnetic field, and then collapsing the field. Water molecules are polar and would align with the field, when the field collapsed, the water molecules would re-align with the earth's magnetic field, giving off a weak magnetic signal as they re-aligned.

The time required for the water molecules to re-align was several milli-seconds, as I remember.

BTW if no water was present, there was no signal. The hydrocarbons present did not interact with the magnetic field at all.

The field generated by the electromagnet was a least a thousand fold stronger than the magnets used above.

jerry

IF YOU CAN'T SWIM D>

Reply to
Say not the Struggle nought Availeth

Thanks very much, you have pointed out "very strong electromagnet" and "hydrocarbons present did not interact with the magnetic field at all". Finally a PhD (piled higher and deeper) has explained clearly. I am afraid a Form 5 student who do not believe in Nimbus 2000 can fly will not be fooled by this kind of magnet scam. DO NOT BUY THAT STUPID MAGNET!!!!! is our conclusion here.

The more degree you have the more difficult to get a job here. This country only needs labour. Never mind! Be happy! Don't be fooled! I am just a cheap "hygienic engineer" with plenty of irrelevant degrees and work experience but I am happy about my new SLK230 Kompressor.

Try this DipEd (???) DipS Dip Shit BA Big Arse (McDonald's degree in some countries) BS Bull Shit MS McDonald's Staff MA Mad asshole PhD Piss him down

Reply to
Benz Direct NZ