Check Engine

Tonight test driving a 1998 E320 4MATIC the check engine light came on along with the world "electronics". The service manager told me it was because someone probably left the car running while putting gas in it, except...it was almost out of gas, obviously he was lying. Any idea what this could mean and what they may be trying to hide? It is starmark by the way.

Thanks.

Reply to
Lionel

Could be some truth to it. I know that if you don't screw the gas cap in tight enough, the escaping fumes will set of fthe check engine light.

Reply to
WPWise