Classes of Mercedes

Hi, I was just wonder about Mercedes classes, in the order from the top to bottom. My friend said the S class is the hightest class and down to the C which is the lowest. Can some clarifie this for me?

Thanks Darrel

Reply to
Dara

For "class" replace with "model"

There are A, C, E, M, S, V and a few others with multiple letters like CLK, SL and SLK . All carry the Mercedes name and you take your choice and pay your money according to what you want and can afford, be it new or used. There is no "lowest" or "highest" unless you wish to use the alphabet, in which case the V is currently highest because there are no X Y or Z. Mind you, Nissan make a Z car, so if you must have the highest, you know where to go.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Dara wrote:

Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Aren't they a bit old fashioned and expensive? Digital models don't even need film and the media can be overwritten an infinite number of times.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

( emoticon of amusement )

ANALog is so underrated.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Forgetting the 'camera' mentioned below (SLR) the bottom end of the range is the Smart and the end the Maybach. Neither bear the Mercedes name...

Among the Merc-branded saloon cars S-Class is at the top and A at the bottom, as everyone of these smart Alecks knows but as Dara might not.

;-) DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

S=good & heavy $$$$$$$$$$ LOTS of it A=bad C=not my butt in one. 2 small

all the others ??????????/

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
pool man

Truth!

Also, the best digital camera's are SLR anyways, you smartalecks.

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Are they? I thought they just made them that way so the old diehards would not stop buying or at least have less to bitch about :-)

Huw

Reply to
Huw

But your spelling is up the spout...

The plural of camera is cameras.

DAS Secretary, Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Apostrophes

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

I guess that depends upon how you define 'best' :o) Mike

Reply to
Just Mike

Woops. Thanks for that. I have problems with spelling, so I will try to be more careful... Since I know you are going to call me on that...

marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

The "C" Class is the lowest and the "S" Class is the highest. Any number designation on the rear that begins with "4" (E420, E430) is a V8 engine. Any number beginning with "5"(E500, E55AMG, S500) is a bigger V8, and any number that begins with a "6" is a V12. Any number that begins with "3" (E320) is a six cylinder, and any number lower than that is a four cylinder. All one needs to do is sit in an S class and it is easy to understand. The new "Maybach" is designed to compete with Rolls Royce and Bently. It has no mention of Mercedes-Benz anywhere on the exterior of the body even though MB makes it. P.

Reply to
pkmaven

The "A" class is the lowest, the B-class will fit inbetween A and C.

A C 30 CDI is an inline 5. A 270 CDIs is an inline 5 and a 240 gas is a V6, a 280 CDI is an inline 6.

And there is so many more like that from older models...

Yes, that is one of Mercedes' problems.

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

Yes, dear. Looks like you either did not see or did not read the entire thread. Correct answers given many times.

The next poster (Jürgen) mentioned the A-Class in reply to your post, but if you mention Maybach at top end, I must reiterate Smart at bottom.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling