CLK 200 Engine management light coming on.

Hi friends, I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a CLK 200 and keep getting the engine management light on with the computer reading "Open Circuit P0130 Oxygen Sensor Upstream" I have changed the Oxygen sensor and even the Air mass sensor and it still comes back after a day or 2. I have niticed that it comes on when going around a bend and once when I went over a bump. I have sat in the car on a ramp while my mechanic shakes and moves wires and it doesn't happen then, he also wiggled all of the vacuum tubes for the EGR and tubing for induction system while the engine was running as well. After a reset the light comes back on a couple of days later. It's cost me a fortune and is driving me mad, does anyone have any ideas ? Many thanks. Steve

P.S I have posted this before and had no luck, I'm desperate and I hope you don't mind me asking again.

Reply to
Steve

What you need to do is find a competent MB mechanic or just go dealer.

Here is some information

Tiger

Guys, many thanks for your help, some great ideas there and I am waiting for slot to book the car back in to the garage, I'll let you know if it works. Thanks again.

Steve.

Reply to
Steve

Well the bad news is we tried all the options and even found and welded a tiny hole in the exhaust but the light came on again today. It's driving me mad as you can imagine, don;t know what to try next. Thanks for all your help guys. I'm hoping someone else has anything that might solve this. Cheers. Steve.

Reply to
Steve

Steve ha scritto:

It looks like you have a random contact in the wire harness on the circuit of the oxygen sensor. You need to VERY carefully check wires for any kind of abrasion, burning or any other kind of mechanical or thermal aggression. It's usually a very difficult thing to sort out, because it happens randomly. You can also try spray a very good electronic contact cleaner on all the involved contacts, i.e. on oxygen sensor, on corresponding black box (cpu), etc. Ooooommmmm... do it in a very relaxed, quiet and comfortable situation. And be patient. It'll take time.

Reply to
Cordy

Thanks Cordy, I'll try anything and am grateful for your time and help. I'll let you know if it works.

Steve

Reply to
Steve