Confusing warning lights

For a while my '92 300D would light up the "exterior light out" light upon braking and would go out when I released the brakes and not come on again immediately upon re-braking. The bulbs are correct and operational. I recently changed out my headlights with a pair of Sylvania SilverStars when one of them burned out. Idon't know if there's a connection but now I occasionally get a "generator" light when the brakes are on. It stopped doing it when I turned on the lights. The last weird thing was that I noticed that the light for the rear headrest switch was flickering, again, it stopped when I turned the lights on.

Any ideas?

TIA JD

Reply to
JD

Sound like bad ground contact... check where there are whole bunch of brown wires. Clean up the contact with sandpaper.

Check your brake lights.

Reply to
Tiger