Cup Holders? Aftermarket? 1991 300TDT

Hi I brought in a 1991 300TDT from Germany for my wife, and she is missing having cup holders. Anyone have any suggestions, experience,or recommendations regarding a workable cup holder set-up for this car? Thanks

Reply to
smoked salmon

Ahh - the bane of the Mercedes.

I had the same issue when I gave my wife my '95 E320. I have a rule - no drinking in the car - so not having cup holders was never a big deal. She needed them, so I opted for "the mugger" - a screw on unit that I found on eBay. But they're relatively cheap. For long-term use consider springing for the expensive units from the dealer. I'd also stay away from the cup holders that hang on the AC vent as they can break the vent.

Reply to
Josh

I found some that if I remember are supposed to have a tab inserted down the window. You can take this tab and slide it up the side of the console instead.

Chris

Reply to
chrismhaney

Have you looked at your local autoparts store? I saw one at this one local to me (called AutoZone), and they had these cupholder dealies that slide in between the seat and the console, so the two cupholders hang over either the seat or the console (depending on how it's oriented). Similar things are selling on ebay for $12, but at AutoZone they were only $8.

-tom!

Reply to
Tom Plunket

yes I have tried a couple local ones, most of the choices were pretty crappy looking. I will look at a few of the other chain-stores. Thanks

Reply to
smoked salmon

I'll take a look at the dealer, I suspected that they would want huge cash for them, so didn't look.

Reply to
smoked salmon

smoked salmon wrote in news:rit9h.2444$1U5.2418@edtnps90:

This can be solved with a DIY project if the center console of her car is like my '87 300 SDL. I have an oak two hole cup holder. The cup holes are approximately 3.5 inches in diameter, with a 3\8s radius bevel. The front of the holder has a spacer block about 1.5 in that rests in the well of the console. The rear has no spacer, rests on the floor of the well. Finish is a dark Mediterranean Oak stain with two coats of poly urethane. Over all it is similar to single units that I see in old The Star (MBCA) Magazine advertisements.

Reply to
Kurt