97 Camry inside door handle

Cannot get the molding OFF!!! Tried using the shop rag method and tried prying. Yeah, I remove the screw first. Even tried to remove the entire door panel but it looks like the handle mechanism need to be removed which necessitates removing the handle molding. Any advise would be appreciated.

Reply to
cmuller

Just the trim around the handle needs to come off. After you take out that little screw, get a small flathead screwdriver. Now, look at the handle itself, see where the hinge of it is? Take your little screwdriver and insert it between the top of the hinge portion of the handle and the moulding that needs to be removed. Pry down with the screwdriver, and voila. I hope that makes sense.

Qslim