E320 cdi gear not changing up when cold

Any ideas would be appreciated. When the weather has been cold my car seems to be stuck in 1st (with high revs) for a couple of miles until warmed up. After that and on warm days all has been fine. No error messages coming up except service B due (it isn?t) Any idea whether I can leave this now the weather is warmer or if it?s something that will get worse? It?s happened a handful of times in the last couple of months. thanks

Reply to
AWE

Completely normal... engine should revs high first thing in morning... to warm up the cats faster and better fuel economy faster.

Reply to
Tiger

what cats are on a cdi?

Reply to
jdoe

You don't know that MB diesels have catalytic converters since 1995?

Reply to
Tiger

i guess not

Reply to