e320 Control Arm Bushings

Hello All, I have a 97 that is rattling from the front end when traveling over semi ruff roads, shocks and wheel bearings are good. Am I correct in recalling that the 320 series had a weakness in this area that could be traced to the control arm bushings? Do I also recall that the replacement bushings were an upgrade (AFA design/durability) If so, has anyone had this work done; At a Mercedes dealer or can any other? Got a ballpark as to how much? MTIA for all replies Ken

Reply to
Ken Bleau

Ken, You wouldn't experience a rattle with bad control arm bushings. Bad bushings on a W210 car might cause the steering wheel to shake, but no rattle. Your rattle in the front comes from bad sway bar links. If the rattle is very faint, it could be a tie rod Martin. Autobahn Auto

Reply to
Bnzmn600

Thanks for your kind reply Martin.

I will have to look at that. Sway arms sound like a more approachable Driveway repair as well.

Am I wrong in thinking that I will not be able to duplicate this rattle with the front end off of the ground? Say with a rubber mallet or the like? I do get a tad bit of a shake at between 50 and 60mph but it disappears at higher speed. The tires are just balanced.

Reply to
Ken Bleau