Electric window

When the weather is hot, the windows on my 500SL (mostly the driver's side) seem to be so sticky that sometimes it makes it impossible that I raise it up completely, even if I leave the engine running for more battery power. When the car is cooled it will go up easily. Those windows go down and up every time I put the softtop down.

I suspect the carwash use products that produce this annoyance.

Is there a trick or product that would help without dirtying the windows?

Thanks for any tip or solution.

Reply to
Jacques Letendre

Ahh! The slow moving 500SL window syndrome! Clean the rubber on the inside and outside of door. Roll windows all the way down and rub isopropyl alcohol on the inside of rubber till cloth no longer shows black!Car wash products like you suspect,most likely that crappy wax!

Reply to
CaptainW116