96 Jetta Electric Window Problems

My 96 Jetta has windows that will go up by themselves when you close the door, and after coming back out from a short stop, the driver's or passenger's window will sometimes be down. I did have a problem with the rear regulators stopping working, but replaced the motors. It got so bad that I had to remove the alarm module to keep the immobilizer from activating. I can't use the remote of course, and want to get things back the way they were. There were also problems with locking with the key on the driver's side, but I've since replaced the handle. Any ideas?

Reply to
LaM

Some say that it is the latch on the drivers door. The solder needs to be redone. I have not examined one thoroughly since I have just received this info myself.

I will assume that when you noticed your windows were down the doors were probably unlocked also...............yes???

later, dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Found wires in the rear door that had been pinched and worn through. They were hot when the tech examined them and got a spark. Frustrating problem, but we hope that we've solved it.

Reply to
LaM