Every day my Sprinter gets more expensive

With the dollar dropping fast against the Euro and Pound, the Sprinter I want to get has to be getting more expensive. . I do not know why this is, we are very good at printing dollars. . Why did Spitfires have that target on the side with the red circle surrounded by a white circle surrounded by a blue circle. Seems to me that would make a good target. .

Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Uzytkownik "greek_philosophizer" napisal w wiadomosci news: snipped-for-privacy@h54g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Well, on the other side, perspective of buying an american van, which was more than a dream for me just a two years ago, now with US dollar dropping fast, comes in big steps to be true!

German svastika was also a good target, too - but not as good, as Japanese BIG RED DOT! That's why Americans were so good at bringing Japs planes down....

Reply to
Andrzej

I was just pondering the connection between the sropping dollar and the RAF roundel etc...

I admit I am stumped. Maybe just tired...

Dropping dollar, dropping planes?

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Ha. You are not just tired. There is no connection whatsoever. I have just lately noticed the "roundel?" in various places besides the Spitfire and I was wondering if there was any significance to it or if it was just a random design. As I was typing my post it just sort of came out with the previous remarks.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Some of my income is denominated in USD. Rapidly disappearing value in sterling terms.

However, planning holiday in USA over the upcoming holiday period. Vegas hotel denominated in dollars. Nicely falling room price...

Vague connection, so there!

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Thank you, now I can claim that my post was not off topic !

Lots of pe> Some of my income is denominated in USD. Rapidly disappearing value in

Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Does this still work out since 'American' cars are actually made in Canada or Mexico most of the time? I thought that it was quite ironic that my coworker chose a cobalt over a civic for patriotic purposes even though in reality the civic has the highest american content of any mass produced car made by any company. What is the world coming to?

Reply to
weelliott

Agreed. Never been there myself. Wife has, however.

As the place is pure kitsch, when there, should I rent a really corny 30-ft limo? A streeeetch Hummer, maybe?

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

That is a good question.

I suppose when in Rome.....

.

Dori A Schmetterl> Agreed. Never been there myself. Wife has, however.

Reply to
greek_philosophizer