Experience replacing Antenna Mast ?

Hi, I need to repair/replace the antenna mast for my '93 300E

2.8. I see where to buy the part, and the mast replacement is sure cheaper than the whole antenna.

Has anyone done this and how difficult was it ?

Thanks

Roy

Reply to
rbb

It is pretty easy. You just unscrew the base of antenna... you see that spot where you can unbolt where attenna rest on when closed? Once that is loose, turn on radio to raise antenna... when all the way out... pull it out.

Installins is pretty much turn off radio and it will start to pull in your new mast.

If you have antennae control switch... everything is so much easier.

Reply to
Tiger

Thanks! Guess I didn't need to remove the antenna after all ... ;-)

Reply to
rbb

No. but if it's out, I would open it up and take a loook. Often they get some salt, dirt, etc inside. Blowing it out, relubing if needed can be a good thing and prolong the life.

Reply to
trader4