Failed Engine Vibration Damper

My mother's 1999 E320 wagon just had the Engine Vibration Damper turn into a frag grenade. Caused about $4.5k worth of damage to the engine compartment and the pretty little gadgets in there. Doing some looking around on the Internet, I found that the NHTSA had opened an investigation on these in December but closed it in April of this year as they didn't find that it had been a safety concern.

Question - Anyone else have a problem like this??? Any suggestions as to how to get MB to own up to it's responsibility for a defective part??? They are Stonewalling her and telling her that it's out of warranty.

Any Help out there???

Thanks!!! DaveHD

Reply to
Dave HD

frag grenade... $4.5k worth of damage to the engine compartment ...NHTSA had opened an investigation but closed It... Anyone else have a problem like this??? how to get MB to own up to it's responsibility for a defective =

Reply to
Bill Ditmire

Bill - any similar grenades awaiting my inline 6 in a 96 E320? So far so good - not even a head gasket leak in it's 74K miles

Reply to
Shawn

Question - Anyone else have a problem like this??? Any suggestions as to how to get MB to own up to it's responsibility for a defective part??? They are Stonewalling her and telling her that it's out of warranty.

AJ

My mother's 1999 E320 wagon just had the Engine Vibration Damper turn into a frag grenade. Caused about $4.5k worth of damage to the engine compartment and the pretty little gadgets in there. Doing some looking around on the Internet, I found that the NHTSA had opened an investigation on these in December but closed it in April of this year as they didn't find that it had been a safety concern.

Question - Anyone else have a problem like this??? Any suggestions as to how to get MB to own up to it's responsibility for a defective part??? They are Stonewalling her and telling her that it's out of warranty.

Any Help out there???

Thanks!!! DaveHD

Reply to
Mark Conklin