Forced to sell my car

I bought a C-class nearly two years ago. It has been chronically unreliable and very poor quality. It has been back to the dealer over twenty times for warranty repairs. The most annoying faults are constant creaking from windscreen, dashboard and B-pillar. Mercedes simply cannot fix these faults - they now insist that these are "normal" noises....

I also had to complain for nearly a year before they fixed a wobbly seat, and eight months before they accepted that the navigation was faulty. The stereo has been replaced twice, various other electrical things at least once each.

I have been through my diary and in total it has been in the dealer for sixteen weeks in 92 weeks of ownership. Is this a record?

I am simply fed up with having to take the car back all the time, and so have decided to just sell it and accept that buying a Mercedes was a huge mistake.

Just one data point I know.

Reply to
Ric

If you bought the car new, your state may have a lemon law which may benefit someone in your situation. If you bought the car used, I'd pull up its carfax history and try and see if I could determine whether or not it has been wrecked and rebuilt. If so - and if there are papers in your state certifying that a used car hasn't suffered more than minor damage which the dealer signed - that may be something that will work to your advantage.

Reply to
Applemac_G4

This is not a US only group! We have different laws in EU. In some countries (eg Germany ) lemon-law protection is very good. The further south you go, the worse it gets generally. I live in South of France now, which has crap customer service and crap lemon laws.

Reply to
Ric

"Ric"

I can't wait to see the advertisement. ;-)

FWIW - my 1999 C230 Kompressor sedan was at the dealer at least 20 times during the first 18 months or so for various and sundry problems. We worked our way through them one-by-one and now everything (for the past few years) is just grand. Of course, I was coming from the VW world into Mercedes world and so I was well used to car repairs. Their loaner program meant that I got to drive a wide variety of vehicles...

Good luck.

Reply to
J. Harvey

Reply to
Driver 99

All they ever give me is a Smart! Interesting for five minutes - but not for sixteen weeks.

Reply to
Ric

You know, all this stuff you say makes me glad I live in America. I brought in my 1985 380SE to have the radiator change (why would I go to a dealer you ask, because the labor rates are offset by the fact that they sell me parts at wholesale) and the free loaner my dealer gave me was a new E320. Richard

Reply to
marlinspike

French resentment against American power, wealth and influence.

Harvey Louzon

You must be american. If the French resent anyone it's the Germans and perhaps the Brits.

Why is it so hard for Americans to understand why France (along with the rest of the world, except for stalwart allies such as Poland and Cameroon) was against your country's criminal venture in Iraq?

cp

France was against the Iraqi war because they were stealing money hand over fist out of Iraq through the UN weapons for food program, along with Russia, all the while the UN was taking their 5% cut....

It seems Chirac was the last one to figure out how unimportant He and the French really are on the world stage.... Do you really think France means more to the world than Poland or Bulgaria or Cameroon?? Check your calendar, it's 2003....

perhaps the Brits.

rest of the world, except for stalwart allies such as

Reply to
Chris O'Malley

I will be the last one to believe that the big European powers were against

the criminal invasion of Iraq for solely altruistic reasons, but only a bloody fool

will state that the only reason that these powers were against the war for exclusively

monetary reasons. What's it about Americans that they can't understand why the world

gets pissed of when the US goes about invading other countries? Even the Germans

in Nazi Germany were not so blind to their country's ruling regime's faults.

(roll eyes) What does this mean "how unimportant He and the French really are on the world stage"!?!??! I suggest you spend some time reading and living abroad, maybe some understanding of the issues will sink in. France unimportant? To who? Even to the US

it's important, especially as a bulwark against a potentially militarily rising Germany. If

France wasn't important to the US government, would they have made such a fuss such as

they did? Germany and Russia resisted too, they were not vilified like France, it's amazing

what the average US citizen can be frenzied into. "Freedom Fries"? What a bunch of hillbilly

retards.

Pretty stupid question, should be obvious. Poland or Bulgaria or Cameroon

more "important" to the "World" than France? You kidding me?? Is this a

serious question??? I have family on the General Staff of Poland's armed

forces (which used to be something under communism), even they admit

that the only thing that Poland is good for to the US is for bases and basically

being an ass-kissing "yes"-monkey.

Read the following and enlighten yourself on the topic:

cp

" it's important, especially as a bulwark against a potentially militarily rising Germany."

Yeah.....about 2 weeks worth based on 1940. And that was mostly running...

Reply to
Tonyny44

of the world, except for stalwart allies such as

Because most Americans believe everything their government says.

Kal

Reply to
Kalman Rubinson

Oh dear, Oh DEAR.

Will cp and other just loosen up?

Poor old Ditmire makes a humorous remark and you guys go all red-faced (red-fingered) and angry and start banging on the keyboard -- I can just see it.

Take it easy. Weather is now better in the regions where most of us reside. Open a window and take a deep breath.

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

Looking at France's history in Africa, they're the last one's who should be preaching about invading other countries.... I believe they're in Africa right now, if I'm not mistaken....and without UN approval, I might add....

BTW, you refer to "altruistic reasons".... what altruistic reasons could there be for propping up saddam hussein?

are on the world stage"!?!??! I suggest you spend some

will sink in. France unimportant? To who? Even to the US

rising Germany. If

France, it's amazing

bunch of hillbilly

Bulgaria or Cameroon??

Reply to
Chris O'Malley

You shouldn't have replied. American Joe Sixpack and Hisotry, what a combination!

Reply to
cp

Had to enlighten the guy

That reminds me, my window stopped working, just in time for summer!

Reply to
cp

You're not joe sixpack american!

Reply to
cp

What was the statistic? 60% of americans believe that Saddam and Iraq were involved in 9/11 and 20-30% believe that WMD were found in Iraq? And anyone who thinks that the Iraq war as about "WMD" should just stick his head in the sand.

Reply to
cp

Most of the other nonsense doesn't justify a response.... but please explain the "beating youp wife" thing to this stupid american....

and try not to resort to name calling, redneck, believe your gov't, etc....

personal experience as a paratrooper in Algeria, he was

invasion doesn't mean they were "preaching" or being

Propping up Saddam? What business is it of yours whether

really that hard to understand that maybe Europe and the rest

Reply to
Chris O'Malley