Forced to sell my car

rest of the world, except for stalwart allies such as

Reply to
Chris O'Malley

Alright:

cp

I am hardly going to explain why each of those countries supported the Iraq invasion, you must be not too bright if you think they all supported because they felt they were in danger from Iraq. You should educate yourself about how politics works.

is a start, look at the picture that's on the front page today, and realize why the US is so hated by so many people.

Reply to
cp

If you want to carry on a personal thread than email me to cplass(@)shaw.ca

Reply to
cp

Again, anyone who thinks that the Iraq war as about "WMD" should just stick his head in the sand.

for a start, check out

Here's a good link, I'm not saying that what the author writes is the main reason for the war, but just to show you how complex geo-politics is, I've spent THOUSANDS of hours of research on these topics, I just finished replying to a writer of a military think tank about an article he wrote on the North Korean conflict, the more I learn the more I realize how LITTLE I know, and the average American knows not only NOTHING but is misinformed, but its changing with sites like

Anyways, let's carry this conversion on a private thread, email me to cplass(@)shaw.ca, it's Canada Day long weekend here, I'll be back Wednesday.

The Real Reasons for the Upcoming War With Iraq: A Macroeconomic and Geostrategic Analysis of the Unspoken Truth by W. Clark January 2003 (last revised 6 March) Independent Media Center

summary Although completely suppressed by the U.S. media and government, the answer to the Iraq enigma is simple yet shocking -- it is an oil currency war. The real reason for this upcoming war is this administration's goal of preventing further Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) momentum towards the euro as an oil transaction currency standard. However, in order to pre-empt OPEC, they need to gain geo-strategic control of Iraq along with its

2nd largest proven oil reserves. This essay will discuss the macroeconomics of the `petro-dollar' and the unpublicized but real threat to U.S. economic hegemony from the euro as an alternative oil transaction currency. The author advocates reform of the global monetary system including a dollar/euro currency `trading band' with reserve status parity, and a dual OPEC oil transaction standard. These reforms could potentially reduce future oil currency warfare.
Reply to
cp

That was only our justification, but I do think the reasons were rather simple....

THe Iraq war was about a lot of things.. I believe for the most part it was about the mid-east culture, er, crisis, and its effect on the world....

The Saudi royal family has a tenuos grip on power at best... the Saudi's don't like them, and the saudis like the US even less....We need a foothold in that region, and with our Saudi connection fading, and Germany France Russia & China tapping into the oil wealth of Iraq, really becoming allies with Iraq, we felt a need to stop it. Iraq was our best chance to go in, establish a presence in the area, set up bases and move military out of SA, and try to breed some pro-western sentiment as we've done in Qatar, Turkey, etc, to counter balance the anti-western indoctrination in the region...much like Nazi Germany, they have a large mass of uneducated people, and their gov'ts have realized that as long as they indoctinate them to hate the western world and distract them, they can stay in power....

Our goals are to stop both terrorist funding/harboring, etc... and a possible European counter-balance to our power, two things that our gov't has been asleep at the wheel on for nearly a decade....

This might be simple, but i just got home from a neil young concert and am ready for sleep....

if americans are generally mis-informed, i can't imagine what that says about the rest of the world...

agreed - i'm off to upstate ny for the weekend--- lets continue off the board, as i couldn't disagree with you more, and hence would love to hear more of what you have to say....

stick his head in the sand.

reason for the war, but just to show you how complex

topics, I just finished replying to a writer of a military think

learn the more I realize how LITTLE I know, and the average

sites like

cplass(@)shaw.ca, it's Canada Day long weekend here, I'll be

answer to the Iraq enigma is simple yet shocking -- it is an

administration's goal of preventing further Organization of the

transaction currency standard. However, in order to

its 2nd largest proven oil reserves. This essay will

real threat to U.S. economic hegemony from the euro as an

global monetary system including a dollar/euro currency

standard. These reforms could potentially reduce future

Reply to
Chris O'Malley

Please be informed that it was nation versus government situation where governments got their will, not nations'.

It was just very like Soviet occupation in the 40ies. The only difference was that now the formal invitation was missing from Saddam's side.

Stop whining "why they hate us". That's not the problem. The problem is feeling pity for how the whole nation can be blinded by officials and be proud about that.

Helar@off

Reply to
Helar Laasik

Joe Bloggs in the UK...?..

;-) DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

Would somebody please invoke Godwin's law on this thread?

Reply to
Richard J. Sexton (At work

Agreed- my apologies for getting involved in a political debate here.... and all I really wanted was to fix my AC.....

Best, Chris

Reply to
Chris O'Malley

Replies and ignorance such as yours will lead to events in the US which will make 9/11 seem like a picnic.

Check out the letter section for todays antiwar.com, some really good stuff there

cp

Quite personally, it's no business of the French why the "Americans" went to war with Iraq. American sucurity is not in their self-interest. The emphasis here is on "Self-Interest". I know this is hard for the French to comprehend, but with additional education, they will see it.

Michael

stick his head in the sand.

reason for the war, but just to show you how complex

topics, I just finished replying to a writer of a military think

learn the more I realize how LITTLE I know, and the average

sites like

cplass(@)shaw.ca, it's Canada Day long weekend here, I'll be

answer to the Iraq enigma is simple yet shocking -- it is an

administration's goal of preventing further Organization of the

transaction currency standard. However, in order to

its 2nd largest proven oil reserves. This essay will

real threat to U.S. economic hegemony from the euro as an

global monetary system including a dollar/euro currency

standard. These reforms could potentially reduce future

Reply to
Newsy

of the world, except for stalwart allies such as

Cursed are the peacemakers for they shall be reviled.

Reply to
Gogarty

Delusional!

Reply to
Gogarty

Yes, it was about US self-interest. Don't confuse this with US security.

Reply to
Holy Boy