Fuel Gauge Question - '96 C280

I have a 96 C280. Just recently the fuel gauge would move from the full position (the tank was full) to the empty position. About a minute later the gauge would indicate full again.

Then today with half a tank of fuel the gauge went from half to full then empty then back to half.

Any ideas on fixing this myself or do I need to take it to the shop?

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Poster

It would appear it is the fuel sender located in the fuel tank; a problem with C series. It looks like a visit to your MB service centre. Joe

Reply to
Sifeba

Doing it yourself can be difficult and dangrous. I would take to a reputable shop or MB dealer. The fuel gauge sending unit is in the gas tank.

Reply to
saeef