GST photo illustration

On the Daimler web site there is a realistic illustration of the GST and accompanying production info. Is this accurate and has the final model been revealed? Link below:

greek_philosophizer

Very accurate.

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

Another vehicle without the stand-up star. No doubt because it's 'sporty'.

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

The interesting thing is not the lack of the star but the shape of the headlights: The days of the four-eye-face are over.

Juergen w/four-eye-face W123, aka the last Mercedes model with chrome bumpers

Reply to
Juergen .

Thought it's now called R-Class. Is that so?

Oliver

greek_philos> On the Daimler web site there is a

Ennui Society

I wouldn't call the W123 a true four-eye; the subsequent E-Class is, in not a totally successful emulation of Jag. I recollect reading some marketing blurb at the time that the four-eye look would be confined to E-Class, and they almost kept to it, with most other models having variants with the lights not being totally separated. Notable exception is the CLK.

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

And current-generation SL and CL...

Oliver

Dori Schmetterl> I wouldn't call the W123 a true four-eye; the subsequent E-Class is, in not

Reply to
Ennui Society