Help! Central Locking Has Gone Crazy!

First of all, apologies if this question has been asked, or answered before, but I couldn't see it.

I have recently bought a 1998 S280. Wonderful machine, but whilst "playing around" with the remote central locking (to close the windows automatically), the whole central locking system now fails to work!

If I press the remote to lock the car, no red mirror light appears, the turn signal lights flash, and the car doesn't lock.

If I press the remote to open the car, the green mirror light flashes, the turn signals flash, but again, the locks don't move.

It's almost as if we've disabled it in some way!

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Reply to
Andrew Wright