98 Explorer has Central Locking or not

I recently purchased a 98 Ford Explorer XLT here in melbourne australia. Since I am new to this vehicle, I want to know what it comes with as standard and what else I can add on. When I bought the car, the dealer did not give me any sort of remote with it. I suspect the car has central locking but maybe the previous owner lost the remote for it. I know i can lock all the door simultaneously from the inside button near the driver seat, but can it be done externally. As nothing happens when I, lock/unlock the car externally.

Also, my dome lights dont turn ON when i open the door. Traditionally dome lights have 3 switch settings on them ON -OFF -DOOR OPEN. But this one has only got two On & OFF. Is there a separate setting to turn the lights ON when the doors are open.

Also there is 1 small read light just below the steering wheel. This red light looks like one for an alarm. But it never flashes when the car is locked. Infact, the one on the instrument panel does flash once the car is locked.

Please help me with all this, as I am new to this BEAST.

hanoz

Reply to
Hanoz