406 HDi Central Locking Problem

When I press my blipper to lock my car it locks and then immediataly unlocks again.All the locks move except the front passenger door lock.

If I lock the front passenger door lock first from inside then the central locking will work on all the other doors.After unlocking the car again the passenger door remains locked,the central locking will work on all the other doors whilst this one door remains locked.

Is this a serious problem or will it be relatively easy to fix. Any advice gratefully received.

Reply to
Bubbles2

I had something like this on my 405. The garage changed the lock - or the servo that operates it - in the door that was different, and then everything worked again.

I think it's some sort of safety feature that stops you from locking the car from outside if one of the locks is faulty. Or maybe it is just the general wonkyness of 405 accessory electrics ...

Bubbles2 wrote:

Reply to
Wichita

It is something to do with the lock or latch on the passenger door. If the door is not closing properly then the CL will unlock again. Similarly if the lock on that (or any) door does not work, then the system will unlock again.

Reply to
brian