in-dash cd for 97 E320

I sold the trunk-mount unit. Now I'd like to improve the in-dash unit. Any recommendations on an in-dash radio/cd player/changer unit?

Collin

Reply to
Cheesehead

To keep your functionality at the steering wheel, you should stay with factory cd-changer.

Reply to
Tiger

But my 97 has no steering wheel controls.

Collin

Reply to
Cheesehead

Mmm... I guess it is different from 01... If you are looking for aftermarket unit to install... I suggest Premier or Pioneer products...

Reply to
Tiger

I have looked into Crutchfield for more info on your car. You can put any head units into your car... I prefer Pioneer or Premier because of the quality and flexibility of their units to satellite radio, sirius or xm, your choice... and a variety of features depending on your needs.

I also have Crutchfield referral code so you can save $20 on your order.

Crutchfield Referral Code is: p6q15-diywt-s2icf

In addition to that, Crutchfield offer unliminted tech support on installation.

Reply to
Tiger

I also recommend Alpine. I had a Pioneer in my 300E, I replaced it with an Alpine that ran 150 bucks at Best Buy, it was MUCH BETTER. Pioneer has the best tuner out there, but the power and sound from the Alpine unit is much cleaner and crisper.

Reply to
Thom

Best sound quality is always external amplifier... I never consider head unit by its internal amp. It is just useless to me. Alot of MB cars nowdays have external amps.

Reply to
Tiger

Reply to
chevy4x4

Reply to
Shawn

Thanks. My college-aged sons make fun of me for listening to am radio. But we've got an AM station in Columbus that plays old, good stuff form a 60-year or so span. And I turned 50 last Friday so it works out fine. Now where's that Petula Clard CD ?

Collin

Reply to
Cheesehead

Pardon the typo. That's "Petula Clark". Only the best music in my car. ; )

Collin

Reply to
Cheesehead

True, but finding space for them can be an issue. I have the alpine running the fron and rear speakers, with an amp running the sub (The alpine I have has a really nice/adjustable sub crossover and adjustable parameters for bass and treble). It is really clean and plays MP3/WMA files. Plus, if I feel the need, I can thump with the young'uns if I wanna.

Reply to
Thom

Get the satellite radio... you will never go back to AM... they got great assortment of oldies...

Reply to
Tiger

Have a look at this page;

Especially the Becker ones that will give you the amber light.

br, syljua

Reply to
Øyvind Syljuåsen