Independent MB Shop--Washington, DC Area?

Does anyone have a favorite...? I had a list some time back, but it got sucked into the ether after a hard drive failure... Anywhere within 50 miles of central DC would be acceptable, but they should be familiar with the later ('83) 240D series... Thanks...

zenit

Reply to
zenit

Springfield Motors, Backlick Rd. Springfield VA Bill Ditmire Ditmire Motorworks,Inc.

425 White Horse Pike Absecon,NJ 08201
609-641-3392
Reply to
Bill Ditmire

On 31 Oct 2003 15:57:25 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Bill Ditmire) had to open a new box of zerones to say

Thanks, Bill... Since I just bought the damned car from you, I'll take your advice... :o)

I'm the guy who picked up the '83 240D from your place last Thursday... She's a good runner, but there's always those little bits and pieces that have to be attended to on a car of her age...

Thanks to Sharon, Joe, and you of course, for making the purchase process painless, and delivering exactly what was described on your web site... I've installed a new CD/AM/FM player and a near perfect set of OEM alloys, but I'd like to turn my attention to the mechanical now... I want to have the timing chain looked at, get the valves adjusted, the odometer repaired, and have the sunroof returned to operating condition... The A/C can wait until spring...

Other than that, she's a sweet, clean original machine which I hope will enjoy her retirement down in the Missouri Ozarks...

Again, thanks...

zenit

Reply to
zenit

Great! We hope you enjoy your 240D!

Bill Ditmire Ditmire Motorworks,Inc.

425 White Horse Pike Absecon,NJ 08201
609-641-3392
Reply to
Bill Ditmire

I would consider 2 sources. One is RC Imports in Rockville. The other is TAG Motor Werks in Gaithersburg. The web sites are:

I've had work done at RC and have been pleased. I visited TAG and they made a suggestion that saved me money, but cost them money.....integrity! Hope this helps

Reply to
Danny