Interior Fan Resistors

I have a 1997 E320 and the fan only blows on low for either the AC or the heater. In a manual for a 1992 300E it says the fan is controlled by resistors mounted on the firewall behind the master cylinder. When I look on the firewall I find no housing behind the master cylinder. Does anyone know if 1) the fan is controlled by resistors and 2) where they are located?

Also, DOes anyone know when the shop manual will be released on CD for this car?

Thanks, Ken

Reply to
Kennith.Hensley

The resistor pack is bolted to the bottom of the blower motor and looks a bit like a map of Australia. Drop the passenger side under dash trim and remove the blower motor cover, the resistor pack will be staring you in the face.

Reply to
miknik

There's a good chance you'll need to replace both the blower regulator and the blower motor (due to a factory modification, you cannot replace one without the other) -- roughly $600 in parts. The regulator is in the vicinity of the motor. Unfortunately, the factory CD will never be made available.

Ron

German Star

I've never encountered this problem, you got some part numbers of modified parts to back that statement up?

Reply to
miknik