Juergen: Putting in diesel motor in 260SE 126

Hi Juergen, if you read this, would the manual transmission in the 260SE 126 work fine with a 3L (603?) diesel motor? I'd like to get a 260se and put in a diesel, the mounts should not be different, right?

Thanks, cp

Reply to
cp

I can not help here - people like Bill Ditmire are the experts to ask.

What I can tell you is that the manual trans in the 260SE and in the W124 300D had identical ratios:

1st 3,86 2nd 2,18 3rd 1,38 4th 1,00 5th 0,80 Rev 4,22 Rear axle 3,46 and so I assume it was the very same trans.

Regarding the mounts I can not say anyting.

Sorry I can`t help - I'm sure others like Bill can!

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

That's all I wanted to know, thanks! :-) cp

Reply to
126