Needed: Bra for 2002 E-320

Anyone know where I can get a bra for a 2002 E-320? I called the dealer and he gave me a lecture about paint fade, etc. Hell, I know all that but I need one for a 600 mile trip in mid-June and don't want to have the hood repainted IF I get a rock chip.

One supplier of the Colgan bra said it had to be custom made and would take 2-months! :-(

Thanks, James

Reply to
James O'Riley

Have you considered the clear 3M removable adhesives?

"James O'Riley" the hood repainted IF I get a rock chip.

Reply to
MTI

MTI wrote: > Have you considered the clear 3M removable adhesives? >

No, what can you tell me about it? Will it leave a residue? I just had the hood painted because of rock chips. Will it damage fresh paint?

James

Reply to
James O'Riley

Presuming that the paint job has "cured" properly (usually within a month of application) the 3M clear bra will not leave a residue and will not lift paint. Usually it is applied by detailers, but it can be done DIY. There are also clear overlays to protect headlight lenses.

Reply to
MTI

Ah, interesting. That sounds exactly like what I'm looking for; it will be just about a month after the paint job when I'll need it. And I really don't care if it looks professional or not because it will only be on the car for about a week.

Thanks for the follow up reply.

Reply to
James O'Riley