74 Beetle for sale - Plano, Texas

Hey guys, due to some other financial obligations (specifically, I need to get foundation work done on my house) the toy needs to go. It's sad because I haven't had it very long, but first things first...the house is more important than having a 2nd car. Here's the facts:

Orange 1974 Standard Beetle - purchased on June 25th. Have not yet gotten it registered in Texas. Have clear title from previous owner. Here's what I have done:

Stock Muffler Headlight Switch Brake shoes all around Front Brake cylinders / flex hoses Master Cylinder Brand new Solex H30/31PICT carb Complete tune-up (Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, points, condensor, fuel filter) New Coil Bosch wiper blades Fuel tank sending unit Tachometer - in-dash Oil Temperature guage - in-dash Hood latch assembly Driver side mirror Engine lid seal H4 headlights (on the way from supplier) Valve adjustment 7/17/05 Front wheel bearings repacked 7/17/05

Sacrificing for $2000

This car is an excellent and dependable daily driver. Glossy orange paint, seat covers look new, and carpet is great. The car comes with a VERY nice stereo, but I'm not sure which component has the problem, the stereo or the speakers. Stereo powers up and spins the CD, but you can't hear anything. It may be an easy fix - It's a Sony X-PLOD stereo and some NICE Kicker speakers in a custom box....These items go with the car. Also have a brand new Haynes manual still in the wrapper, and 8 cork valve cover gaskets.

The odometer doesn't work, but everything else in the guage cluster works. The car is fit and ready for inspection - Everything else in the car is functional except the emergency flasher. The dome light even works from both doors. The worst problem that I'm aware of is that the passenger floor pan will probably need to be repaired or replaced. Topside looks good, but bottom side needs some attention.

Below are links to pictures, and I'll have better ones posted when I get them back from the processor. It can also be seen at my office from 7AM to 4PM: 2637 Summit in Plano, or PM me and we can arrange for you to swing by my house to take a look in the evening. I hope to have some MUCH better pictures by the end of the week.

Thanks guys! Charlie Orange74

Reply to
orange74