Oil drain plug Wrench size?

Can someone please tell me what size allen wrench socket I need to buy to change the oil in my 380 SL. Looks like 17mm but can't be sure. TIA Jack

Reply to
Jack Archambault

14mm

Bill Ditmire Ditmire Motorworks,Inc.

425 White Horse Pike Absecon,NJ 08201
609-641-3392
Reply to
Bill Ditmire

Thanks Bill

Reply to
Jack Archambault

Jack -

On my 450 SL, it takes a 14mm, and I suspect your 380 SL kept the same size. If you should have difficulty locating a 14mm, the socket in the drain plug is a loose fit, and will also barely accommodate a 9/16", which is only about 0.011" oversize (just over a ¼ mm).

Jerry Wolfram '78 450 SL - 212K miles

Jack Archambault wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Wolfram

The message from snipped-for-privacy@aol.comNOQSPAM (Jack Archambault) contains these words:

The 14mm. allen key you need should be in the tool roll, if it is still with the car.

Reply to
Gerald L R Stubbs

Bill, do you know if this is the same size as the 560SL?

Reply to
| Steve |

Thanks for your reply, mine is an '84 and I do have the original tool roll but no 14mm allen socket is with the set.

Jack Jack And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. -- Abraham Lincoln

29 09.56N 082 10.13W
Reply to
Jack Archambault